Retired Blogsite

Although Beaded Baby Boutique is retired, I am still willing to do custom orders. If there's something you're interested in having me create (whether I have examples up on the site or not) email me at beadedbabyboutique@gmail.com and I'll send you a bid.

Monday, March 1, 2010

Recipe Time

My husband recently discovered biscotti (I swear I've bought it before, but this time we were given a Costco purchased tub and well, we've eaten 2 Costco sized tubs.....)

Even at Costco they're still pricey, so I looked up some recipes, I didn't like the first one I tried and came up with my own. It's not quite as crisp & light as the Nonni brand (the one you can get at Costco), but it's  pretty close and I'm still playing with the recipe, if I get it any closer, I'll update the recipe.

Breanna's Biscotti
3/4 c sugar
5 Tbsp butter
3 eggs
vanilla (I don't really measure it, probably about 1.5 tsp)
3 c flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 nuts (I use about 1/2 chopped almonds + 1/4 chopped pecans)
1.5 tsp anise seed
1/4 c chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350

Cream butter and sugar (use the flat paddle on your mixer). While that's creaming, mix the dry ingredients (including the nuts and anise but not the chocolate) in a separate bowl.  In your mixer, add eggs one at a time, add vanilla mix a few seconds. Pour your dry ingredients in with wet ingredients, mix until combined.

Kneed dough a few times on a lightly floured surface. Shape into a flat loaf (approx 7"x14").

Bake on lightly greased cookie sheet for 25 min.

Remove to cooling rack at least 10 min. (I use two spatulas to move the loaf to keep it from breaking).

Cut loaf into cookies (I like mine to be 7"x 0.5")

Stand cookies up on cookie sheet so they're not touching each other, bake again for 10-15 min.

Remove to cooling rack.

Melt chocolate until smooth and runny (takes about 45 sec in the microwave and some mixing). Cool just enough that you can stick your finger in it (you don't want to melt your plastic bag).

Place biscotti on waxed paper. Pour chocolate into a zip-top bag, press to remove air, zip, and snip off a corner of the bag. Drizzle chocolate over biscotti.

Once chocolate is set (if you can wait that long) enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment